The Law offices of Suarez & Montero Car Accident Lawyers is a personal injury law firm in South Florida, and we know firsthand the importance of making sure we have skilled medical professionals in our community. Our firm also values education and believes all students should have the ability to attend college and further their dreams. We also recognize that the rising costs of education are continuing to be a hardship for many students who are seeking a college degree. We believe that by helping students obtain quality education, our country will become better for future generations. That is why our firm is offering a semi annual $1,500 scholarship to students pursuing any of the following degrees:
- Pre-Medical field Degree (biology, chemistry, pre-med)
- Physician Assistant Degree
- Dentistry (D.D.S)
- Doctor of Nurse Practitioner (D.N.P)
- Medical Assistant Degree
- M.D or D.O Degree
- Nursing degree
- Nurse Anesthetist (N.A.)
The Scholarship for Future Medical Students will be awarded based upon the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must be able to prove that you are enrolled full-time at an accredited college or university and are in pursuit of a degree related to the medical field.
- If you have not been accepted into a program yet, you can apply for the scholarship, but no funds will be released without proof of acceptance or enrollment.
- You must maintain a minimum GPA score of 3.0 or higher through the time that you are applying.
The selected student will receive a $1,500 scholarship to be used toward the tuition for their medical or science degree.
1. Prepare a 650-word essay about your future professional goals in the medical field.
2. Provide a transcript reflecting your current academic status, a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, and proof of full-time enrollment at an accredited college or university or a digital copy of your proof of acceptance letter—complete with letterhead from said college or university.
3. To submit your application and essay, email us the completed essay, a digital copy of your acceptance letter verifying your first-year status or a transcript reflecting your current academic status and proof of full-time enrollment. In the body of your email, you must include your Full legal name, address, phone number, and the name of your current/planned school. Your subject line in your email must start with your name then be followed by ‘Scholarship for Future Medical Students” (Example: John Doe Scholarship for Future Medical Students).
Failing to follow the above instructions may disqualify your application.
Send all applications and questions to: email@example.com
We look forward to reading your essays!
Applications for the Scholarship for Future Medical Students must be submitted and received or postmarked no later than December 1st, 2022 to be considered timely. You will receive a confirmation email upon submission. We will notify the winner by email or a telephone call and will post our winner on our law Firm’s Instagram page and Website.
At Suarez & Montero, we believe in giving back to the community in any way we can. We want to thank everyone who applied for 2020 Suarez & Montero Semi-Annual Scholarship for Future Medical Students! And we also wanted to congratulate the first of two recipients of our scholarship for 2020, Lucas Deininger! As part of his application, Lucas was asked to provide us with some background on what his professional goals are in the medical field. During his time in high school and as an undergraduate, Lucas has been involved in various activities that help make life better for others in his community. In his essay, Lucas wrote “My parents have always taught me, no matter how much or little we have, you must always give back to those that have less.” In an effort to carry out these principles, Lucas volunteered for 3 years unloading donation trucks and stocking pantry shelves for the Oasis Compassion Agency in Greenacres, FL. Lucas says he wants to become a doctor and use his skills to do good for others and empower others to follow in his footsteps.
As a personal injury law firm in South Florida for over 20 years, we have seen time and time again how our day to day work can help those in need of support. That is why we are proud to offer our semi-annual scholarship to help future medical students who exhibit a willingness to help improve their community not only through their volunteering efforts but through their day to day work. We Are Now Accepting Applications for the scholarship award for the 2022 fiscal year. The winner of this scholarship will be selected based on the criteria outlined on this page and will be awarded to help them with the cost of their medical education. The deadline to apply for the second and final scholarship opportunity for this year is December 1, 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions concerning the scholarship program, or the application process should be directed, preferably by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The scholarship award must be used for tuition expenses toward a degree in the scientific or medical fields, or for a related undergraduate or graduate level degree. Your scholarship check will be made payable to your university or college.
The scholarship will only be awarded to one applicant who meets the criteria outlined above. So long as you comply with the application requirements, one applicant will be chosen from the pool of candidates.
If you are a high school student applying for this scholarship for your freshman year, proof of acceptance into a qualifying institution is sufficient. Proof of enrollment is not necessary. However, if you are already enrolled at a college or university, proof of acceptance at the qualifying university or college is sufficient but is not necessary if you can provide proof of enrollment.
Unfortunately, we can only accept official transcripts from an accredited university or college as proof of your full-time enrollment and current academic status.
Documentation from your school’s registrar verifying you are enrolled as a full-time student is sufficient proof of enrollment. We will not accept unofficial printouts or digital copies of your class schedule.
No. Anyone who is starting studies or already pursuing studies in an undergraduate or graduate college or university and in the pursuit of a degree related to the medical field which includes nursing students, PA students, pre-med students, medical students, those studying science and more.
By applying, the applicant grants The Law Offices of Suarez & Montero Car Accident Lawyers, its agents and/or representatives’ permission to post the applicant’s name, school or university, photo (if submitted) on our website and/or Social Networks. We’re also granted permission to call and/or send you information regarding your application. The information gathered as part of this application process will only be used to determine eligibility and validity of each student’s current academic status, GPA, and enrollment. The Law Offices of Suarez & Montero Car Accident Lawyers will not share your information with third parties nor use your personal information for promotional or marketing purposes. This information is kept confidential, and all application materials are deleted or destroyed after we complete our application and evaluation process.