Reclamaciones Por Daños A La Propiedad

How to File a Property Damage Claim After a Car Accident

The average driver in South Florida can expect to be in 3 to 4 car accidents in their lifetime. This means that eventually, you may be involved in a car accident where your vehicle is damaged. If you are involved in a collision with another driver, you can expect that the responsible party or their insurance carrier will pay for the damages to your car. This blog post will discuss how to properly file a successful property damage claim and make sure you receive fair compensation for your damaged vehicle.

Types of Car-Related Property Damage Claims

Property damage claims may include the costs necessary to repair your car or in the event of a total loss, the fair market value of the vehicle. Claims may also include rental car costs and even the replacement value of specific upgrades made to your vehicle that were lost or damaged in the wreck. Depending on the policy of insurance and facts of your case, you may be able to make a claim for any personal property that was lost in the car accident such as: Cell phones, computers, jewelry, etc.

Important Steps to Take at the Accident Scene

In Florida, drivers are required to remain on the scene after an accident and cooperate with other drivers to exchange insurance and contact information. After making sure that any drivers and passengers involved are okay, the first thing you should do is call the police to report the car accident and get assistance from the police. A police report can be critical evidence that can help you prove your damages later on. This can be especially important if the other driver is at fault and received a citation. While you’re waiting for the police, jot down important information that you may need during the insurance claims process. Here’s some of the most important pieces of information you will want to jot down while you are still at the scene of the accident: the contact information for all drivers involved in the accident and all passengers if possible, the information for each vehicle involved in the accident including the make, model, and license number or vin, and any other important details you notice about the other drivers, passengers, or vehicles. Next, always remember to take lots of pictures and even videos while you’re still at the scene of the accident. Try your best to obtain pictures that depict the damage to your vehicle and other vehicles, the road conditions near the crash, any broken glass or car parts that may have fallen off of the vehicles, the positioning of the vehicles in the accident, and any damaged or destroyed personal property.

Filing a Property Damage Claim

If you have collision insurance, you can have your own insurance company handle your property damage claim and car rental. In turn, your insurance company will seek reimbursement from the other driver’s carrier. If you paid a deductible, they can often get that back for you, too. However, if you wish to file a property damage claim with the other driver’s insurance company, you must contact the other driver’s insurance carrier and you will be assigned a claims adjuster to handle your property damage claim. It is important that you jot down your claim number and the adjuster’s name so that you can refer back to it going forward. In general, property damage claims can get resolved rather quickly which is in contrast to personal injury claims which tend to take much longer to be resolved. This is because the claim can be handled pretty quickly as long as you are able to send the adjuster an estimate of the damages to your vehicle. The property damage claims adjuster will then coordinate with you and the body shop.

When Do You Have to Take Property Damage Claims to Court?

In general, the answer is not very often. Most property damage claims are handled rather quickly. Many states require uninsured coverage for injuries, with optional coverage available for uninsured property damage. However, If the other driver’s insurance carrier denies your entire claim or the party responsible for damage to your vehicle does not have insurance, you will need to file a lawsuit against the other driver to recover for your damages.

How an Attorney Can Help with Your Property Damage Claim

If the insurance company denies your personal injury or property damage claim, you may be able to file a lawsuit to obtain the compensation necessary to pay for your medical treatment and expenses. At the law offices of Suarez & Montero Car Accident Lawyers, an attorney can review your policy and the written reason for your denial to ensure that you have a valid claim. After a car accident, it is incredibly important for you to contact a Florida car accident attorney. The Law Offices of Suarez & Montero represents accident victims injured in various types of accidents. Our skillful attorneys are genuinely committed to our clients. We will fight to make sure that you get the maximum amount of compensation owed to you. Let us help you get the medical care you need and fight to make sure you are compensated for your injuries! Our attorneys are ready to provide proven legal representation in pursuing your claim and stand ready to protect your rights. We are available 24/7 to give you a free, no risk case consultation.

We serve clients throughout Florida including those in the following areas:

Miami-Dade: Aventura, Coral Gables, Doral, Fontainebleau, Hialeah, Homestead, Kendall, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Lakes, North Miami, Tamiami, and Westchester.

Broward: Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale Beach, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, and Weston; and Palm Beach County including Boca Raton, Lake Worth, and West Palm Beach.

The Law Offices of Suarez & Montero Car Accident Attorneys represents accident victims injured in various types of accidents including:

• Distracted Driving Accident Lawyers

•Drunk Driving Accidents

• T-Bone Car Accidents

• Road Rage Car Accidents

• Head-on Collisions

• Rollover Accidents

• Rear-end Car Accidents

• Left Turn Accidents

• Failure to Yield Car Accidents

• Sideswipe Accidents

• Merging Accidents

• Lane Change Accidents

• Construction Zone Car Accidents

• Truck Accidents

• Semi-Truck Accidents

• Bicycle Accidents

• Train Accidents

• Pedestrian Accidents

• Boating Accidents