Trees and debris covered a parking lot after a car smashed into an Oakland Park bus stop. The crash happened along Oakland Park Boulevard near North Dixie Highway, early Thursday morning. The impact downed several powerlines along Oakland Park Boulevard and caused significant damage. The mangled remains of the car left it unrecognizable. The car has since been towed away from the scene. It remains unclear how many people were injured. The cause of the crash remains under investigation. An investigation is still ongoing. If you or someone you love were recently injured in a motor vehicle accident, our team of car accident lawyers can help with any issues that may arise in your car accident claim. We offer trustworthy legal advice to help address any legal issues that apply to your personal injury claim. At Suarez and Montero, our car accident lawyers have more than 20 years of experience successfully representing car accident victims in all types of cases. We have an exceptional team that can provide you with the guidance you are looking for after being injured in a car accident or other type of injury.
Auto Accident Claim Checklist
At the accident scene
- Obtain the other driver’s name address telephone number and insurance information.
- Get the names addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Get the name of the police officer who comes to the scene of the accident. Ask when and where a copy of the police report will be available.
- Get medical attention right away, regardless of whether you think you’ve been injured. Often sometimes symptoms from an injury will not come up until several days after an accident.
- Write down everything you can remember about the accident as soon as possible. If possible, try to diagram the scene of the accident, the direction that the vehicles were going, the location of witnesses, and any other important details you can remember.
- Take pictures of the accident scene before any vehicles get towed or moved away from the scene of the accident.
- Investigate damage to the vehicle which may not be apparent from photos or physical evidence. Have a professional inspect the undercarriage and frame of the vehicle to see if the car’s mechanical functions are all in order.
After the Accident:
- Investigate benefits such as health insurance, disability insurance, workers compensation, personal injury protection, and medical payments benefits.
- Obtain copies of all relevant insurance policies with endorsements and declarations pages.
- Document all communications you have with insurance adjusters. • Seek guidance from a personal injury attorney if you need assistance. • Settle the property damage claim for your vehicle.
- Maintain a journal that describes your pain and discomfort from your injuries and the impact of the accident on your lifestyle.
- If you have pre-existing injuries, obtain all relevant medical records which predate the accident.
Hire Our Accident Lawyer in Miami!
At Suarez & Montero, we can help in all stages of your personal injury claim. We can help obtain evidence, document your injuries, and negotiate a settlement of your claim or case. We also make sure to keep our clients informed at all stages of their case. We believe that our clients deserve the highest level of service. Because your case is important to you, you can be assured that it will be treated with the highest level of care and attention by our attorneys and staff members. A skilled personal injury lawyer can make sure you avoid common mistakes injury victims make when negotiating a claim with an insurance company or the party responsible for the injury. Insurance companies are counting on you not to get informed on your case and hire a personal injury lawyer. Suarez & Montero has been assisting injured clients in South Florida for over 19 years against insurance companies. We appreciate the extensive impact an injury can have on one’s life or on their family and overall health. That is why our firm focuses on protecting the rights of injured victims. If you or someone you love has been involved in an accident, contact us today for a free consultation.
We serve clients throughout Florida including those in the following areas:
Miami-Dade: Aventura, Coral Gables, Doral, Fontainebleau, Hialeah, Homestead, Kendall, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Lakes, North Miami, Tamiami, and Westchester.
Broward: Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale Beach, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, and Weston; and Palm Beach County including Boca Raton, Lake Worth, and West Palm Beach.